Forgive the brevity of this post but it’s 10pm on Christmas Eve and I have sprouts to prep and gifts to wrap. For any truly last-minute folk who have avoided the shops and need good gifts in the nick of time, here are five grand gestures that could be written into a card – to show love, thought and effort.
1. A London-Paris-Venice trip on the Orient Express. Romantic, elegant, refined travel in Art Deco luxury. From £1990 per person. www.belmond.com/venice-simplon-orient-express
2. Tranquility at The Aman Spa at The Connaught, London. The North America Signature Treatment lasts 2hrs 30 mins and consists of ‘a sage & cedar wood smudging and hot river stone massage, used to turn over a new leaf’. £280. www.the-connaught.co.uk/aman-spa
3. Fresh flowers to your door, every month, from Bloom & Wild. The gift that keeps on giving. You’ll be remembered every month – not just at Christmas. From £50 for 3 months of flowers. www.bloomandwild.com
4. A literary gift box from Heywood Hill, Mayfair’s magical bookstore where Nancy Mitford worked in World War II. Buy a one-off box for Christmas – or four elegantly packaged and expertly sourced packages of books throughout the year. Choose from collections such as The Cool Classics (£100), The Discerning Gentleman (£270) or tell them a bit about the recipient and go bespoke. www.heywoodhill.com
5. Letterpress stationery delivered to your door. Hand-picked, letterpress cards sent to your recipient each month. For stationery junkies everywhere. From $40 for 2 months. You might even get a written thank you. www.nicelynoted.com
Of course you could always buy them a wardrobe detox or a shopping trip to remember – www.penelopemeredith.com.
Whatever you give or receive I send you blessings and good wishes for a wonderful Christmas. See you next year…